January 23, 2013

Welcome

I want to take a little time today to provide you with a little insight and motivation behind this blogging adventure and what my hopes are for this page in the future.

Homemaking, to most of my fellow Gen Y's out there,  is often labeled as easy or traditional; a word that is thought of as out-dated to most. To me, homemaking is more of a lost art.

Growing up, I envisioned my life as most young girls did; as Miss America or an Olympic Gymnast. One way that I differed from the majority of my peers, was that I also desired to be a homemaker. As I got older and it became time for me to head of to college, I settled on a degree plan and left home. When it came down to first day of class introductions , I often spoke of my desire to be a professional SAHM (stay at home mom) and that I was only in college because "that's what you're supposed to do." People will always tell you that if you love your job then it's not really considered a job. Well, I got my chance to test the homemaking experience and, much to everyone's surprise, I am good at it. Now that I have gone back to work after staying at home with my adorable 2 year old son, my eyes have been opened to the fact that there are a limited amount of women in my generation that have any homemaking skills. They can't cook. They hire maids. They even send out their laundry.

It is my hope that I can not only inspire the women of my generation to want to learn these forgotten skills, but to also show that homemaking does not have to be "out-dated and traditional".


0 comments:

Post a Comment