January 26, 2013

Organization 101

Being organized is the single most important thing you could ever do for yourself. It not only saves you time (and sanity), it can also save you a lot of money. To kick things off, I've come up with a few tips that will help ease you in to the process of being organized.

  • Stop whatever you're doing and BUY A PLANNER. Not too big, not too small. Just something that you can keep track of appointments in and that will fit inside your purse. The one I use is a Weekly/Monthly planner from Target ($7.99). 

  • If you are more of a tech-savvy person, my go-to online calendar and app is called Cozi for a million different reasons (free app for iPhoneBlackberry, & Android).  I'll be sure to do a follow-up on it later, but if you are looking for more than your basic phone or online calendar, I would highly suggest checking it out. 
  • Set up a daily routine. Things will run more smoothly in your household and in your life when you and your family have a daily routine. Having a schedule that you stick to will help to take some of the guesswork out of your day, which in turn will free up all of the time you spend wondering who, what, when, and where? 
  • Start small. Getting organized does not happen overnight. Although you're garage my look like an episode of hoarders, trust me when I say that with some planning and a weekend it can be fixed. My go-to starting point when I need to "get myself together" is my purse. My purse is my go-to storage bag for hauling items back and forth between home and the car. Socks, receipts, cups.... You name it I have probably had it in there. 
  • Breathe. Getting organized is not something to pull your hair out over. It will take time, but just like with anything else in life, after a little practice and dedication it gets easier. Getting organized can appear very overwhelming, but with baby steps we get the job done. 


With Organizing, Simplicity is Key.

0 comments:

Post a Comment