March 4, 2013

Week 2: Laundry Room


Laundry rooms come in all shapes and sizes. In my home it's more of a closet, so there isn't room for much. The laundry room, like the linen closet, is also not a place for you to store miscellaneous items. Function is key when it comes to a place where you want to spend as little time as necessary, ha-ha  There are a few key things that I keep in my laundry closet other than the obvious detergent and bleach.


  • A sock bag. I just use a linen bag and hooked it on a hanger to store all of those pesky, unmatched socks.
  • An emergency kit. I grabbed a little white basket from the dollar store, threw in a flashlight, some candles, and a lighter, just in case the electricity ever goes out.
  • 2 baskets, labeled: To Mend (clothes that need mending) & Hand wash/dry-clean. Some people also put in a donate basket, I however, keep a laundry basket in my coat closet for items to donate (or garage sale).

In the laundry room, shelves and baskets are key players to adding additional storage. If you have a nice sized room to do laundry in, but lac the additional storage place you need for bulk items, I would suggest putting in a shelving system. Ikea has a very basic unit that works great in the larger utility rooms & in the garage. 

What are some key elements in your laundry room?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonԁerful blog! I found it whilе ѕeaгching on Yahoo Newѕ.
Do yοu have any suggеstions on hοw to get lіsted in Yahoo
News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you

My web-site :: acupuncture treatment

Post a Comment